7.18.2007

The Power of the Bust ...


…should never be underestimated.

I happen to know from experience that the right underwear with a sexy outfit on pretty much any woman can be a lethal combination, creating the power to cause either good fortune or mayhem. Such fortunes as never actually getting a speeding ticket, displacement to the very front of the line outside a packed club, and getting an absentee co-worker to actually show up at meetings. However, hard-to-ignore sexiness has also cost in the form of being accused of inappropriate dress at work (even when the outfit is a business suit or doesn’t have a revealing neckline), not being taken seriously, even the life of a squirrel merely trying to cross the road in front of a truck driver who apparently hadn’t seen another pretty girl all day.

So when I read this article on Yahoo News yesterday entitled “Too sexy for my bus”, I felt compelled to remind us ladies just how dangerous our curves can be. In this story, a woman complains about a driver who stopped his vehicle and asked her to either change seats or get off the bus, because every time he looked in his rearview mirror he was distracted by her cleavage. Though she changed seats, she said, she felt humiliated.

Humiliated? Why should she feel humiliated?! She wasn’t the one who couldn’t concentrate on the road because a hot chick was in her line of vision! She was the one with the power, power enough to distract a grown man from properly doing his job. Ladies – don’t disregard the power of your sex appeal or feel ashamed of it. Know that you have it, and that you were designed to have it to attract (and often that means to distract).

Now, some may say that this man should have been mature enough to simply ignore her boobage and drive the bus. I happen to disagree – I think it took a lot of maturity and professionalism for this man to try to get a distraction out of his direct line of sight instead of risking the safety of his passengers and others on the road. Make fun of him or be upset with him all you want – but that doesn’t change the fact that a woman’s sex appeal can be a very powerful force, indeed. Or the fact that this bus driver was man enough to admit that he was susceptible to succumbing to it.

What? Did you think the term “drop-dead gorgeous” came about for no reason?



Share your thoughts on this news story!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I have a HUGE (pun intended) issue with my boobs and the showing of cleavage...maybe its my own esteem issues but I prefer not to show any if I can avoid it....they are big enough they'll get noticed on their own....but I know the power of them....I once went on an interview for a job that was not described right when I applied for it. I thought it was more along the lines of an administrative job what I was qualified for. When I got there it was more on the technical side...well this was in my a little slimmer days (but still big boobed) I had on this red and black coat dress you couldn't tell me shit in that dress LOL...it was a little I stress a little low cut...I wasn't completely uncomfortable but I was aware of the cleavage...why was this man going to give me the job? Mind you I was so not qualified for it but my boobs were obviously....

Wanna said...

WOW Beth - that's power, alright! Great story, thanks for sharing.